The electronic Doppler Log DL 3000 is a system which measures the individual speed of a surface ship or a submarine through water and over ground. Using ultrasound and applying the Doppler Effect, highly accurate measurements up to more than 400 metres water depth are possible.
Key features of DL 3000
- independent speed and distance sensor
- support for inertial navigation system (INS)
- speed over ground (longitudinal, transverse and vertical components)
- speed through water (longitudinal, transverse and vertical components)
- distance covered over ground and through water
- water depth below transducer
- speed of current & direction of current
- undisturbed of mussels or fouling compared to pressure log
We understand the requirements needed for different operational scenarios.
We have pre-configured our products to use as stand-alone solutions or integrated system parts.
Open sonar suite for submarines
Hull mounted sonar
Passive sonar system for distress localisation
Mine avoidance sonar for submarines
Digital and analogue underwater communication
Naval echo sounder system for surface vessels
Navigation Echo Sounder
Medium-depth multibeam system for mapping the continental rise
Full ocean depth multibeam system
Deep water multibeam system
A sonar system
as unique as your fingerprint
You want to learn more about Sphere® by ELAC SONAR, its efficiency and the technical specifications? Get in contact with us and design a sonar solution as unique as your fingerprint.