Open sonar suite for submarines
The open sonar suite KALEIDOSCOPE 2.0 is an advanced, totally integrated sonar system that meets the mission requirements of modern diesel-electric submarines. It offers full spatial, full spectral and full temporal coverage.
The open sonar suite KALEIDOSCOPE 2.0 performs integrated surveillance by using acoustic sensors which provide the tracking channels allowing automatic tracking of contacts. The integrated surveillance functionality includes detection, tracking, analysis and classification.
- The detection and tracking functionality includes passive sonar narrowband, passive broadband for contact detection, contact tracking and contact correlation.
- The analysis functionality integrates passive narrowband, acoustic intercept features, and customer-provided intelligence libraries as well as tools for track and contact classification.
KALEIDOSCOPE 2.0 is based on MOTS hardware and performance-tested software for sonar processing. The wet end parts (hydrophones) are completely developed, produced and tested in-house. The modular design allows for easy upgrade, addition of future improvements and offers reduced life cycle costs.
KALEIDOSCOPE 2.0 is based on proven design applied on real projects. It features open interfaces to other sensors and is ready to be integrated with any third-party combat management system. The HMI interface runs on a PC-based, third-party, multi-function control console.
KALEIDOSCOPE 2.0 is centred on hydrophone arrays which transform the acoustical data into electrical data and the sonar processor which processes acoustical data into contact information.
The innovative passive sonar suite KALEIDOSCOPE 2.0 ensures an increase in combat value and offers a decisive operational advantage to our customers. The processing software uses the open-architecture-based DDS which enables the insertion of third-party applications and the hosting on alternative common processing platforms.
Key features of KALEIDOSCOPE 2.0
- open architecture
- commercial standards
- opportunities to implement technical innovations*
- allows for rapid change and the addition of new capabilities*
* no need for additional industry support; customer-owned and confidential intellectual property
We understand the requirements needed for different operational scenarios.
We have pre-configured our products to use as stand-alone solutions or integrated system parts.
A sonar system
as unique as your fingerprint
You want to learn more about Sphere® by ELAC SONAR, its efficiency and the technical specifications? Get in contact with us and design a sonar solution as unique as your fingerprint.